I have always been intrigued with faces. . . real or created. I started doodling them as far back as I can remember. And not just faces but flowers, leaves, swirls, squiggles and letters as well. I never really thought my doodles were anything other than mindless scribbling as a means to keep myself occupied during classes, then meetings and lectures as I got older.

I never dreamed that someday I could actually call my scrap paper scribbles, art. . until I spent a day with Traci Baustia. She convinced me to just let go, that it was ok. . . So here I am on yet another journey. . artFace, a blog and a line of goodies created to celebrate all things face.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

New blog, First day

I tried to start this blog a year or more ago to write about and showcase a line of face related dolls, cards, etc that I created. I just never seemed to have the umpf to set it up in a way that made me feel good about it. In fact, I tried to delete, it but couldn't seem to manage that either.

Two days ago I stumbled upon a blog challenge, create 29 peices of art in 28 days, all relating to faces. I was so thrilled! I LOVE faces...so I jumped on board. Then I thought, oh that danged blog. For me, this challenge was more than just creating faces as art, it was finishing and publishing this blog... 

So a big thanks for the kick in the pants. I obviously needed it....

No comments:

Post a Comment